Michael Iedema wrote:
Greetings list,
Does anyone have any information (providers' support) about G.729E?
Voip-info.org came up empty, the implementers guide from the ITU wants
my credit card and the rest of the pages I found simply made a few
comparisons between it and iLBC.

From what I understand, the codec is supposed to play nicely on lower
power hardware but I can't find much more info than that.
It's a 11.8kbps codec that's supposed to improve the quality for non-voice signal etc. And, according to this http://www.voiceage.com/prodg729.php, it's more CPU intensive than G.729A. It's listed at 25MIPS vs 10MIPS for G.729A. Also needs more RAM compared to G.729A. I don't think it qualifies as 'play nicely on lower power hardware'.

Leo