That has been fixed in the current Xen, and as far as I can tell works without problems. (At least for some NICs I had dedicated to another domU.)

Regards,
Arik

Howard Lowndes wrote:
I have to run Asterisk on the dom0 host as earlier versions of Xen had problems handing PCI control over to a domU kernel. Does anyone know if this has been fixed yet?

Arik Raffael Funke wrote:
Thanks. What kernels do you use for dom0 and the domU's? Custom-built or out of the box?

- Arik

jason wrote:
I would vote RAM. I've been using a FXO card in xen for a good year now with no issues at all. In fact, my zttest timings are the same between xen and native.
Arik Raffael Funke wrote:
Hi,

is anybody running asterisk on a xen domU and can give an opinion on the following:

I have delegated a FritzCard and a HFC card to my domU and installed an asterisk setup that was running on the same isdn hardware but on a dedicated machine flawlessly.

I experienced what I believed to be timing problems: sometimes calls on the Fritzcard did not seem to "reach" asterisk, when calls were being made, sometimes they were horribly distorted. I quickly abandoned the project at the time for lack of time. I would now make another trial.

Can anybody tell me if the problems I was having were more likely to result from the fact that the isdn hardware was dedicated to the domU (i.e. maybe that produces some sort of bottleneck!?) or from too little ram allocated to my domU? (I believe I had 128 MB or so)

Thanks,
Arik