The card will let you interface with a regular telephone line instead of VoIP. If you want to use a regular phone instead of the computer softphones, look into the Grandstream handytone devices - they'll make it so your regular telephones can talk to Asterisk. You can make the system work fine with softphones so there's no additional cost at this point...
  Todd

I ordered the card off ebay. Is there anything else I'd need - special
cords, phones, etc?  I'd have to try for them next month or after, but
I'd prefer to know what they are now so that I can be looking for
them...