Todd- Asterisk wrote:
Hello everyone! I'm planning on setting up a new system shortly and can't pick the right card... We will have 2 or 3 lines coming in and 7 extensions (GXP2k's). Should I just get 2 or 3 X100P cards? Or do I need the Sangoma A20200 or even the A20200D (Echo cancelation)... I was thinking I'd use a Dell 2.0 GHz machine as the server... If anyone has suggestions as to the benifits/problems of each card choice, I'd love to hear it.
 thanks
  Todd

In my humble opinion, X100P's are only good for one line (and barely that). They don't work as well as the TDM400s do, and having more than one X100 card in a system is an unnecessary bombardment of interrupts. For a 2-3 line setup I would strongly suggest looking at a TDM400 or the Sangoma A200. I have used both and have been happy with both. I use a TDM400 at home and have managed to remove almost all echo with the use of fxotune and adjusting the gains. I'm using a Sangoma A200 with the on-board echo canceler for a phone system at work and have been very happy with it. The only complaint of echo on this system is on an occasional incoming call and only for the first second or two.

If money is tight and you are willing to tune echo out of your system by hand, use the TDM400. If you are willing to spend the cash and don't want to have to deal with constant tweaking to remove echo, get the A200d (and make sure you download the latest drivers from sangoma).

-Dave