Yuan LIU wrote:

Not sure if anyone experienced the same - or if anyone ever connected a POTS phone to the "Phone" jack on an X100P card.

The POTS phone rings normally when the FXO receives a call. The POTS phone can also make outgoing calls when FXO is not holding the line. This is desired. But if a call connected to the POTS phone lasts longer than a couple of minutes, Asterisk would receive "ring" conditions from X100P at seemingly random intervals, and kick off incoming dialplan associated with the Zap channel.

I experienced a similar problem, when my FXO was not the only port terminating the PSTN-interface, but I had a normal phone set connected in parallel as well.

I turned verbose to 6 and debug to 6, but all I could see was:
   -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/1-1'

Any idea how I can find the cause?  Thank you.

System is Asterisk 1.2.13 on Ubuntu 6.

Yuan Liu