On 1/4/07, Noah Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Erick -

> Some help with dimensioning the server will be gladly accepted.
>
> -50 sip phones (g729) or g711(to avoid transcoding) in LAN
> -an asterisk server (1.4) doing normal pbx functions + voicemail in the same
LAN
> -Some sporadic conferencing with no more than 2 sip phones and maybe 2
> or 3 calls coming from the E1 for a total of 5 people in a conference.
>
> The asterisk server will get an E1(pri) via one fonebridge (TDMoE)
>
> I was thinking of an HP DL140 with two 250gig sata disks and one
> 3.8Xeon CPU with 2gig RAM.

You'll do absolutely fine with this setup.  I have an office that has
about the same amount of phones and traffic as this (all using g711),
but probably with quite a bit more conferencing.  It runs on a Xeon
2.8ghz, 1GB Ram, 2 73 GB SCSI Raid 1.

> Also, does a fonebridge setup suffers from the fact that 1.4 has no
> PRI/R2 support (as said in a previous post by someone else).

I've been considering buying one of these, but don't have one yet.  If
anyone can comment, I'd like an answer, too.

- Noah

thanks Noah, you have been very helpful.

Erick Perez
Panama Sistemas
Integradores de Telefonia IP y Soluciones Para Centros de Datos
Panama, Republica de Panama
Cel Panama. +(507) 6694-4780