I have followed the (very brief) instructions on voip-info.org titled Asterisk Call parking. Basically, I confirmed that features.conf was already set up properly, and made sure parkedcalls was included in my local context. If I dial in via the FXO and answer the call on x102, then hit transfer 700, I hear the announcement "701". When I hang up the phone, the LCD displays "Transfer Failed" and I get a bunch of orphaned channels.
Are you doing a blind transfer or attended transfer? I'm assuming you're using the phone's transfer button. You may need to press transfer a second time to complete the transfer.

Leo