Ralph Liebessohn wrote:
Using:
fwrite(STDOUT,"exec read my_var|//usr/share/asterisk/sounds/please-wait-connect-oncall-eng|5|||15 \n");
fwrite(STDOUT,"get variable my_var \n");
fflush(STDOUT);
$my_var=STDIN;
fwrite(STDOUT,"exec saydigits $my_var \n");

I got it:

Also you might try concatenating the values together like this:

fwrite(STDOUT,"exec saydigits " + $my_var  + "\n");

Of course, that might not be the correct operator (+) to glue together strings, but I bet this has something to do with it. Your version above puts the variable name in the string itself and probably the php engine ignores it (unlike asterisk which seems to replace ${VAR} symbols within quotes). So try bringing the variable out of the quoted string like the example that I gave above.

Just another suggestion.

--

Warm Regards,

Lee