bilal ghayyad wrote:
Hi List;

To create the symbolic link, I read in the documenation that I have to type
this command:

# ln -s /usr/src/'uname -r' /usr/src/linux-2.4

1) What it means by 'uname -r'?
2) Why I have to create such symbolic link to do pointing for the kernel? For
what exctly will be used with asterisk?
3) What is the relation between creating such symbolic link and build directory?

Any advise.

Regards
Bilal

1) Try "uname -r" at the command line and "man uname"

2) Asterisk needs to access header files from the current version of your kernel source code

3) This allows the Asterisk build process to find the kernel source under a base kernel version name without knowing the detailed version number.

regards,

Drew