Matthew Fredrickson wrote:
Don't know. That definitely sounds weird though. I'm laying my bets on using the right version of fxotune helped a lot. Possibly some user error, or something like that, or maybe you didn't have the right version of zaptel loading on your machine (it was loading 1.2, but you should have been loading 1.4 with the newer echo canceler).
Is there any reason you couldn't run a 1.4 zaptel with a 1.2 asterisk?

As in to benefit from the better fxotune and echocan functions but without worrying about configuration changes.

Trevor