I have a system I'll be installing soon which has an ISDN30 (E1, UK) feed and they want to hook up a fax machine and use existing analogue conference phones (expensive polycom units)

This is something I've seen and used on legacy PBXs and would seem to be a fairly standard offering, but an earlier post seemd to suggest that the cards would need some sort of timing synchronisation between them to make faxing work - can anyone confirm or deny this?

Would there be any issues in the dialplan when seeing a call on the PRI DDI associated with the fax line simply Dials the corresponding Zap line that the FAX machine is connected to?

Gordon