Kyle Gordon wrote:

fxsks=1 #X100P
Is your line truly a kwelstart line? try fxsls
<SNIP>
busydetect=yes
You may need to add these 2 values to help the busydetect
busycount=3
busypattern=375,375

busypattern tells asterisk how your busy tone sounds like, in UK it should be 400Hz 0.375s ON and 0.375s OFF. The busycount tells asterisk how many consecutive cycles it must detect before dropping the line. You'll have to determine the best value for your setup, by trial and error. Too low - you might get premature hangup, too high - you'll have to wait for a long time for the line to hangup. A value of 3 will cause Asterisk to hang up in about 2.1s.

<SNIP>
switchtype=national
This is not needed for analog lines.
signalling=fxs_ks
Change to fxs_ls to match zaptel.conf
<SNIP>
I don't know the tone plan for NTL. They seem to use a different tone for hanging up from BT, but I'm not sure how to go about implementing any changes in the configs to reflect it.
If it's different you'll need to modify zonedata.c in the zaptel directory.

Leo.