J. Oquendo wrote:

Anyone experience ring oddities with extensions.conf rollovers? Let me summarize...
One of my extensions.conf file is built to ring during the day, ring/go
to voicemail after a certain time:
[main-aa]
exten => s,1,GotoIfTime(17:00-8:30|mon-fri|*|*|*?main-night-aa,s,1)
exten => s,2,GotoIfTime(*|sat-sun|*|*|*?main-night-aa,s,1)
[main-night-aa]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Background(/etc/asterisk/night)
exten => s,3,Voicemail([EMAIL PROTECTED])
exten => s,4,Hangup

When in night mode, if someone called, while Asterisk would show the
phone as ringing (and INDEED the phone would ring) the caller wouldn't
hear the phone ring. No music, no ringing no thing until the amount of
time the rings ran out and then be transferred into voicemail. So...
(un)Leet ASCII explanation:
Caller (after hours) --> Dials in --> Press extension --> Asterisk makes
transfer --> Caller hears dead air --> No one answers --> Voicemail -->
Caller now hears voicemail prompts

According to the dialplan, there should be no ring at all, it should go directly to voicemail.
How long is the " Caller hears dead air --> No one answers " time?

To comfort the caller you could add
exten => s,1,ringing
exten => s,2,wait(2)
exten => s,3,answer()
exten => s,4,Background(/etc/asterisk/night)
exten => s,5,Voicemail([EMAIL PROTECTED])

Leif