It seems to work OK for me.

I have heard there are problems if you have dual nics on the same subnet, but
that makes sense.

I have one for internal, one for external and set up DNS to have my server name
on our public DNS.

My laptop users no longer have to VPN in to use their softphones and I have
zero NAT issues with my VOIP providers.

Steven

http://www.glimasoutheast.org

"cp" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Before adding a second interface to my asterisk box I'd like to get some
feedback on having and internal interface with a private
address and external interface with a public interface.  You know like pros,
cons, configuration suggestions, and anyone's true
experience trying such a design. I have one concern. Is asterisk aware enough
to respond to traffic with the correct ip address? In
other words if a packet enters the asterisk box over the private interface and
the necessary routes are in place for return traffic
respond over the private interface will asterisk keep the private address in
its replies for all types of traffic? You may respond
to me offline if you'd like. I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
-CP