Rilawich Ango wrote:
Hi all,

 I am using asterisk1.2.14,realtime and I find there is a strange
case in the receiver's display.  I have a  dial plan to route a call
to the destination.  I haven't set the callerid(num) for the caller.
In the receive ends, it's display shows "asterisk" when I make a call
to the receiver.  I wonder why "asterisk" shows in the display as I
haven't set any word - asterisk in any configuration file.   How to
remove that word from the receive end if it is a default word?

 Below is the log dump from ngrep.  There is no "asterisk" in the
from header except the option message.  I wonder why "asterisk" will
be shown in the receiver end's screen.

ango
callerid on SIP channels defaults to "asterisk". The only way to override it is to set it in your sip.conf. Though I think that if you get callerid from the calling device, that would override the default as well. I think the order of precedence is (highest to lowest):

sip.conf callerid for calling device
calling device's transmitted callerid
default - "asterisk"

Earle