Thanks for your reply Anselm.  I'll play it with tomorrow.

Let me ask a related question. I also have to assign a calleridnum (number) of 'Internal' to each extension dialed on an internal to internal call. They would all have 4 digit calleridnum in the range 4?? ( or _4xx in dial plan form ) to be changed to 'Internal'. I'd like to avoid many lines of code so is there any way to do that with a wild card or dial plan type?

Larry