Robert Jenkins wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tzafrir Cohen
Sent: 06 February 2007 10:34
To: asterisk-users@lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] New user question (X100P)

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 09:03:27AM -0000, Robert Jenkins wrote:

Hi,

I had similar problems with zaptel on a tdm2400.
I found that with the standard make & install, zaptel was being started as a service but not properly initialising the card.

I disabled the service and added a few bits in rc.local; rmmod the zaptel modules, sleep a couple of seconds, do a 'service

zaptel start'
to reload everything.

this is a bad hack. rl.local is done at the end of the standard init.d scripts. Asterisk normally starts much before that. All those sleep-s should not be necessary if the script is properly written.

We all know that the standard init.d script is buggy. Please visit
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=8239

zaptel-helper is now in zaptel/xpp/utils of the SVN.

Please provide some feedback.

--
Tzafrir Cohen

Hi Tzafrir,

I know it's an ugly hack, but it works.
The only Digium hardware we have at present is in working systems so I can't
play...

A few seconds on the boot time is not that important, it should be a very
rare event on a production machine anyway.

When I build another system I'll have a look at zaptel-helper.

Thanks,
Robert Jenkins.

Hi,

I have seen this also, only on the TDM2400. I think it might be because it, i.e. this cards, takes a bit longer than other cards to initialise, then when ztcfg is run, the card is not ready yet.
So I too (hangs head in shame), put something in rc.local to 'fix' it.

--
thanks,
Yusuf