All,

Using SIP with progressinband=yes I get Asterisk to generate the ringing sound for callers. However, I was wondering if it is possible to configure what is 'played back' to the calling party? i.e. instead of just 'ring ring' could I potentially play back a song from an MP3, WAV or GSM file? I'm thinking it would be quite cool to offer a customised 'ring' sound while the caller is waiting for you to pick up? How can I do this with Asterisk or some external module perhaps? Any advice welcome!

Cheers,
Ray