On 15 Feb 2007, at 09:55, Yuan LIU wrote:

From: "Il Neofita" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 03:37:14 -0500

But I tought that hangup was suppose to close the call, however, is not the case and a really did not catch why.

Now I see where the confusion comes from. Asterisk doesn't really speak English - or Chinese for that matter:-) In telephony, there is no way for the callee to tell the caller to stop ringing - unless you "answer" it first. Once you answer, you can do a number of things, the rudest being to immediately hang up. (I saw live people doing this intentionally.) Your only other option really is to ignore.

That isn't exactly true - ISDN and IAX (SIP?) support the concept of rejecting a call without answering it. The asterisk dial plan only supports this indirectly. If there is no extension that maps to the called number in the relevant context then asterisk will reject the call without answering. I don't think this helps the OP's situation, but for the sake of the archives I think its worth clarifying....

Tim Panton

www.mexuar.net
www.westhawk.co.uk/