On Wednesday 28 February 2007 21:26, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 February 2007 3:45 pm, Alan Chandler wrote:
> > I am trying to setup an arrangement whereby clients on machines A,
> > B, C and D can talk to each other on Softphones. A,B,C are are all
> > Windows XP machines, machines D and S are linux.  This has to
> > include A talking to B and ultimately conference calls with
> > potentially all parties.
>
> Personally I make my Asterisk box the firewall.  It eliminates all
> NAT troubles.  :-)

Yes thats what I meant.  My box S is the firewall and * will run on it.
BUT, both A and B will have NAT firewall/routers outside of them AND
somehow C and D will need to go through the S (does the traffic go
round the outside of * or through the middle of it?

> If that's not your style, I'd use IAX over SIP, as it only requires a
> port-forward to D on D's NAT box.  SIP you may be able to get work
> with port forwarding 5060 and 10000-20000 (all udp) over to D, but
I am not sure I am following.  Why is D different from C? if I port
forward everything to D how does C get into the conversation

> I'm not sure... Naturally, nat=yes and canreinvite=no should be set
> all around.

Why? and doesn't the canreinvite=no mean all the traffic from A to B
goes through S, something I would prefer to avoid.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk