Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

Andrew Joakimsen wrote:
Steve Underwood and the other fine persons that have helped to develop
the software DSPs and other stuff required for FoIP support also have
no interest in writing any further faxing support for Asterisk (RxFax,
TxFax + the newest span_dsp wont even compile, much less work under
Asterisk any more) probably because they know it will never be
included into the Asterisk code.

It has not been offered for inclusion into the Asterisk code base; it
would be willingly accepted if it was offered for inclusion.

The code in question is GPL. Asterisk is GPL. So as far as the desired contribution is concerned, there is nothing there that prohibits it from inclusion.

The problem, however, as we all know, is that the Asterisk maintainer, Digium, requires undue retribution in the form of "disclaimers" before it will accept any contribution into the code repository - and in this case the author of the desired contribution is reasonably refusing.

And that, I believe, condenses a vast portion of the frustration that the Mr. Joakimsen was expressing.

Lee.