On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, --[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:

Hi,

Now that I have Asterisk up and running I would like to find a good SIP gateway in the UK. I have looked at sipgate.co.uk and they look pretty reasonable. I am looking for peoples recommendations.

There are dozens in the UK. Sipgate is a german company and his termination server (sipgate.co.uk) is actually in Germany, but he uses a UK wholesaler for IP-PSTN connectivity. (I don't know if he then connects back to them via the 'net or if they have a local connection in Germany)

I've used them for about a year now and so-far so good, but I've not used it "in anger" as it were - just for some testing. I also have an account with www.voiptalk.org - same though, just for the occasional test. If you want to call me on my sipgate number, drop me a private email, or you could try

  http://www.wirelessforums.org/uk-telecom-voip/speaking-clock-1025.html

Gradwell is probably the "benchmark" for these services right now, but they're not cheap, and thats usually what people are looking for IME...

Gordon