I think you will pay in the long run if you are going to skimp on
U$D350.  Couldn't one dropped call from a prospective "big time"
customer be worth more than U$D350?  Would spending a week of time
trying to get things working correctly be worth U$D350?

I would suggest doing it right and not skimping.  Your phone system
should be transparent and is a direct reflection on your business.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro
http://www.asteriskhelpdesk.com
KB3OPB