Steve Prior wrote:
Julian Lyndon-Smith wrote:

what input text ? To what application ?

I agree completely with the app_swift suggestion from loopfree as Kai suggested. It provides the app_Swift which you can use from within a dialplan. In fact, if you're getting fancy by using a fastAGI bound language(as I'm doing with asterisk-java), app_swift becomes the only good option.

<slight rant>I think Cepstral should be providing an app_swift like binding themselves because if you're writing an application which is going to use information from a back end business model in creating the speech (and this is something they seem to think is their future and I agree), then a high level language through fastAGI seems by far the best way to control the call.
</slight rant>

Funny you should mention FastAGI. I am implementing a variation of my DTSwift app through an Object Pascal based FastAGI scripting server now.

http://www.datatrakpos.com/pos/datatalk/images/asterpas.htm

The newer version just uses the System() AGI command to build the file to play through the shell. I'd be open to any suggestions for a more efficient way of doing it.

--

Warm Regards,

Lee