Steve Totaro wrote:
Just get a Grandstream ATA and a handset with no buttons.  So simple.
That doesn't really meet my needs -- I want to be able to dial-out, and have the person on the other end simply be able to push a button to ring the doorbell. The doorbell button requirement stems from the eternal hope that someday DHL drivers will be trained to push it just before or after they slam-dunk that box marked "fragile", so I can get this box of broken computer parts out of the pouring rain when it arrives, and won't have to file the insurance claim days later when I find the rain-soaked cardboard blob near the culvert.

Sorry, I got sidetracked there. What I mean is, I'd like to keep the doorbell button so that Fedex and UPS drivers can continue to ring it and leave when they deliver something -- I think having to pick up a crusty, dirty receiver might be a deterrent even to those 99.9% of folks who are better trained than a DHL driver. Shoot, went there again. No I'm not bitter.