The problem was on the polycom provisioning setup. In my dhcp settings I wasn't giving it the correct domain-name-servers option. I changed that and I changed the phones to use [EMAIL PROTECTED] instead of [EMAIL PROTECTED] and that seems to have taken care of it.

Thanks for the help.

Nathan Bell
IT Engineer Du Jour

Noah Miller wrote:

Hi Nathan -

I just saw this post about having trouble registering your phone ;-)

When my SIP phones try to register with my asterisk box, this is what I
get my log file:

Mar 26 14:46:41 NOTICE[3896] chan_sip.c: Registration from
'<sip:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>' failed for '192.168.3.2' - Not a local SIP domain

sip.conf

autodomain=yes
localnet=192.168.2.0/23

You might try expanding the scope of your localnet. Maybe this would work:
localnet=192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0

Also, it seems like it should be covered by autodomain, but you might
try explicitly adding:
domain=192.168.3.2

- Noah