-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ron Wellsted
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2007 2:29 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Re: Problem converting a Cisco 7960 to SIP

Brad Stockdale wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>    I've got myself into a bizzare situation that I can't seem to get
myself
> out of... Was wondering if anyone had some advice that might get me 'over
the
> hill' on this...
>
>    Some background: PBX consists of an Asterisk box (running TrixBox), 4
Cisco
> 7960's, 2 Polycom IP500's, and now an additional Cisco 7960. The phones
are
> all on a separate LAN. There is no VLAN configuration. The Asterisk box
also
> is running a TFTP server and DHCP server. The 4 original Cisco's work fine

> still. The Polycom IP500's work fine.
>
>    The problem is with trying to get this new Cisco 7960 online... It came

> pre-loaded with the SCCP image and I cannot get it to convert to SIP.
> Currently it is running the following versions:
>
> App Load ID: P0030301MFG2
> Boot Load ID: PC0303010200
> Version: 3.1(MF.G2)
>
>    The phone contacts the DHCP server and gets an IP successfully. The
> dhcpd.conf file:

To convert a version that old will require you going through at least
3-4 downloads:

First convert to SIP 3.3, then to SIP 5.2 then probably to SIP 7.x
before finally to SIP 8.6.  You may have to convert to a SIP 6.x image
in between.

After the first conversion, you should be able to set the password etc
via the SIPDefault.cfg file.

HTH

- --
Ron Wellsted
[EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.wellsted.org.uk
N 52.567623, W 2.137621 Linux Counter No. 202120
FWD:519961