Tomislav Parcina wrote:
Rolz wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knows how accurate the values are when you do a
"sip show peers" from the CLI.

My configuration is:

Asterisk box (192.168.1.102) -> gigabit switch <- PC running x-lite (192.168.1.100)

the CLI reports 101 ms delay
however, ping is showing <1ms delay
Where is the extra 100ms coming from? The softphone response?

I'm not sure, but I think that ping isn't OSI ISO Layer 7, while softphone is. So, this 100 ms can come from there.

The times shown are the time to get a response to a SIP OPTIONS packet sent to the phone, not the time to get a response from an ICMP ECHO (ping) packet.