From: Bob Smither <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 20:22:34 -0500

Warning - novice question ahead!

Dear List,

I have installed Asterisk 1.4.2 on an AMD dual core x86-64 box running
CentOS 4.4.  Compilation and installation were straightforward.

The box only supports IAX connections so I have no zap hardware.

My question is this - where do I set the txgain and rxgain parameters
for the IAX channels?  With a previous setup I used settings in
zapata.conf, but I believe these are not used with the IAX connections
(?).

You are right. zapata.conf is not used in IAX connections. My reading has led me to believe that manipulating gain on an IP PBX is neither necessary nor practical in VoIP channels, so Asterisk does not devise such settings.

Yuan Liu

Thanks for any insight.

--
Bob Smither <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>