On Sat, 14 Apr 2007, Greg Woods wrote:

On Sat, 2007-04-14 at 14:17 -0500, Lacy Moore - Aspendora wrote:

This was mentioned earlier:

I suspect IRQ Sharing.

I know. And I posted my /proc/interrupts showing that there were no
shared IRQ's.

I can't see either how an IRQ conflict would affect SSH. To me that's just bogus, and it seems that every time theres an issue with a Zaptel card/driver the easiest solution is to shout: "Check your IRQs".

If there was an IRQ conflict it would affect all ethernet traffic, wouldn't it? Why would it single out ssh... ?

# cat /proc/interrupts
          CPU0
 0:  670560442   IO-APIC-edge      timer
 1:      20079   IO-APIC-edge      i8042
 6:          2   IO-APIC-edge      floppy
 7:          0   IO-APIC-edge      parport0
 8:          1   IO-APIC-edge      rtc
 9:          0   IO-APIC-fasteoi   acpi
12:      23344   IO-APIC-edge      i8042
14:    1073586   IO-APIC-edge      ide0
15:    5943428   IO-APIC-edge      ide1
16:       5554   IO-APIC-fasteoi   libata
17:    1441409   IO-APIC-fasteoi   uhci_hcd:usb1, uhci_hcd:usb2, uhci_hcd:usb3,
uhci_hcd:usb4, ehci_hcd:usb5
18:   23387293   IO-APIC-fasteoi   eth0
19:  613419658   IO-APIC-fasteoi   wctdm
20:    2592107   IO-APIC-fasteoi   eth1
21:       2597   IO-APIC-fasteoi   Ensoniq AudioPCI
NMI:          0
LOC:  670560322
ERR:          0
MIS:          0

That looks fine to me. (if a little busy, if this were a production server, I'd go into the BIOS and disable as much as I could and compile up a custom kernel)

Are you using a CentOS package? Have you tried compiling asterisk/zaptel from scratch? I'd think it's highly unlikely that Zaptel would be listeining on port 22 (ssh) though, but you might want to check
with netstat, and I'd not have thought there would be any firewall
issues (does CentOC come with a built-in firewall? Can you turn it off?
(iptables -n -L to list)

More questions that answers I'm afraid...

Gordon