On Apr 15, 2007, at 9:53 PM, Klaverstyn, David C wrote:

When a call comes in I want to ring an extension that happens to be loud speaker. The users can the press *8 to answer the call. Is there a SIP device that I can connect to Asterisk as an extension that can accomplish something like this?
Do you already have the loud speaker? If not, I know there are various vendors of extension phone bells that do nothing more than plug into an analog line and ring the nice loud bell when a ring signal is received.

You could easily combine one of those with a cheap ATA with FXS port.

-chris
<www.mythtech.net>