On 4/19/07, Forrest Beck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I thought of maybe adding a key for each extension to the astdb and
have a Macro query the astdb.  Any other ideas?

That's how we do it. We created a MySQL DB that maps DIDs to extensions, and
a php script to write our configuration files for us (a file called did.conf,
which is #include'd into extensions.conf), as well as push the DID into the
Asterisk DB. Actually the DB holds all of the information for our phones,
and all of the files we need are generated each night, including sip
configs, provisioning files for our Polycoms,  the dhcpd configurations to
give "static" addresses, and a few other miscellaneous files. And it creates
our phone list. The nice thing about building the DB yourself is that you
can do anything you want with it.

On one of our boxes, I went a step further and created individual outgoing
contexts, one for each device. The context set the caller ID. But it was
definite overkill; I haven't done that since.

Thanks.

--
***
Forrest Beck