Ahhh - now this seems like the kind of thing that I was after....

Where do I define the available DSN's though?

Julian Lyndon-Smith wrote:
Func_odbc is your friend.

Check out func_odbc.conf for odbc access from the dialplan
Check out res_odbc.conf to allow you to use odbc as a realtime source

Julian.

Callum McGillivray wrote:
I was hoping for something more along the lines of the Asterisk CMD MySQL().

I could always resort to something like that.. but I don't want to "run" it on a windows server and I really don't want to go to the bother of writing FastAGI scripts to make it all happen.

I just want to write a quick and dirty DB lookup so that I can rewrite the CLI before passing the call along.

mitcheloc wrote:
Oh. Got it now. Well, in this case I think you are looking at it
backwards. I imagine most users with this requirement write AGI
scripts that talk to their databases then communicate back. You can
use FastAGI and run your code on a windows server, or you could use
any other programming language (PHP, MONO) to acheive the same, but
then place it locally on the Asterisk side.

On 4/22/07, Callum McGillivray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Oh.... Microsoft SQL Server for those unfamiliar with the term M$ ;)

mitcheloc wrote:
> I've never heard of M$ SQL Server?
>
> On 4/22/07, Callum McGillivray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Has anyone successfully set up asterisk to query a M$ SQL Server?
>>
>> I'd like to be able to query one in the dial plan and use the results to
>> tamper with call priorities / CLID etc.
>>
>> If someone could point me to a howto / guide or relate their experiences
>> with this, that would be great !
>>
>> Thanking you all in advance.
>>
>> Callum
>>
>> P.S. Before anyone asks; it's a legacy database that has to be kept on
>> SQL Server for other business reasons.

This email for dotr.com has been scanned by MessageLabs