Olivier wrote:
With SIP fixup, would you say usual firewall traversal issues are solved so that for instance, you can connect home workers to enterprise PBX ?

regards
No. SIP fixup doesn't always solve the issues. One of the things I've noticed with home users is they're almost always behind a router that has its own firewall and that firewall is almost never configured properly. Create a how to for those workers and if possible, have that user isolate their phone to a DMZ if possible. Also depending on your internal networking, remember NAT + Certain VoIP phones (Polycom!) = headache.

Whenever possible while dealing with Asterisk, I personally try to lock down the machine and place it in a DMZ so home workers won't have to deal with DMZ's, NAT, and other terms that will leave them like a deer in a headlight. This varies according to the client though, since I deal with managed PBX's its also easier for me to administrate then it would be for me to have to wait for someone on their IT side to punch a hole in their network to let me in solely to add an extension or clear someone's voicemail. (So... Results may vary).

I've recently had a client who had three or four remote locations with a PIX in each location doing VPN's. PIX's fixup did little and I ended up having to butcher up rules to get things to work properly.

J. Oquendo
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1383A743
echo infiltrated.net|sed 's/^/sil@/g'
"Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something." -- Plato