Russ Price wrote:
Eric "ManxPower" Wieling wrote:
I'm a fan of Adtran Total Access (TA) 750s. They are so cheap on eBay that you can get two of them used for less than the cost of a new one. Follow the standard things for not getting ripped off on eBay, of course.

The TA750s are nice indeed - they're built like tanks, and they can be configured with all sorts of different interfaces. However, be aware that the FXO cards are sensitive to RF interference. Standard DSL line filters will eliminate the interference, though. I live about three miles from a 50 kW AM transmitter, and the filters are vital.

I'll have to try that. I have hum on one of my TA750s and suspected a hardware problem, but I've got DSL filters laying around to try.

On the other hand I live 11 miles from the CO on a SLIC96 about 3 miles away.