Cheikhou DIAW wrote:
hi List,
i've been trying to get festival work on my 1.4.4 *box for the last 3days,
i've used the tutorial on this page http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+Festival+installation <http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+Festival+installation>
with exactly the same line in my dialplan just to make a test

I would recommend looking at Cepstal. The voices are cheap, like $30(US) per voice per server. The quality is great and there are a number of third party libraries that abstract the use of the Cepstral Swift engine. Or you can just use the system command to create the sound files to play.

http://www.cepstral.com

I wrote a free AGI application for swift a while back that should work ok for you as well:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/DTSwift+Cepstral+AGI+Wrapper

There is another one, a direct add-on for Asterisk, that will play the cepstral voices directly from a stream instead of first creating a file. I forgot the name/url though. Hopefully someone will jump in and provide that.

--

Warm Regards,

Lee