Alex Balashov wrote:
Sure, it's called a DID trunk. It's basically just a regular analog phone line but the CO switch sends down the digits dialed in one of a

  Sean, I am curious--what do these look like these days?  Are they
ordinary T1s?  CAS/robbed-bit?  Do these just use the signaling portions
associated with each channel to deliver the winks, and do the channels
correspond to the appropriate timeslots on the voice trunk?  How does
this work?

I'm not sure of the technical details as I don't have one installed yet, but from my discussions with the phone companies and some phone installers I know, these are just your average analog tip/ring lines. They just have some extra signaling to get the digits to you. Give a call to your phone service provider and ask to speak with a technical group.

Sean

This E-Mail message has been scanned for viruses
and cleared by >>SmartMail<< from Smarter Technology, Inc.