For the first time on Wednesday, I noticed SIP-SIP echo...very weird.

Normally, I run G729 between all my Grandstream GXP2000 phones, but I tried X-Lite to call one of my Grandstream.  This of course switched my codec over to GSM.

I had headphones on the PC and the mic muted.  When I spoke in the Grandstream, I could hear a distinct echo.  This even occurred with the Grandstream in another room thinking that the microphone wasn't truly muted.

I do know that the audio stream should not be echoing, and it never has with G729, but the GSM codec must have something in it.

I do not allow my phones to re-invite, so Asterisk was in the stream, but so X-Lite could be the issue.  I was thinking of trying with SJPhone... just haven't had time yet.