From: EdPimentl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 16:12:09 -0400

There will be a number of companies set to offer similar services.
In 3 months we will have a 24 port SIP<->GSM<->SKYPE gateway

-E

On 5/27/07, Dean Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 I was cleaning through some old IT magazines this long weekend when I
came across a company called Divitas in the April 30th edition of Network
Computing.

I've never heard of them but has anyone else heard of them?

Basically they have a call control appliance that can deliver centrally
held up calls between not only GSM but also redirect the call to a wifi
hotspot if you are in range. It seems like a neat concept that shouldn't
necessarily be beyond the capabilities of Asterisk (apart from the fact that
the end Win Mobile 5 / Symbian handset would need some type of client).

Any thoughts?

At $550 per seat looks an expensive way to transfer calls between networks
but I've never seen another CPE piece of equipment that can do this.

According to another IT magzaine, Divitas indeed uses Asterisk. But Divitas does not seem to be a pure CPE solution. That may be why they could charge a premium.

Yuan Liu

http://www.divitas.com/products

Regards,

Dean Collins