Hi,

What I did is first to dig a bit into the app_dial.c. I saw how the
ANSWEREDTIME variable
is created (end_time - answer_time). Then I added some lines to export the
answer_time variable
as a channel variable. I added these lines right after the answer_time
decleration (line 1426  in ver 1.4.4)
compiled and replaced the module.

               char toast2[80];
               snprintf(toast2, sizeof(toast2), "%ld",
(long)(answer_time));
               pbx_builtin_setvar_helper(chan, "ANSWERTIME", toast2);

This will put the call start time in unix timestamp in the channel variable
ANSWERTIME. That's
all. Hope it's helping.

Adi.