In [general] section:

externip=your_extern_ip_address
localnet=your_local_net/bits   i.e. 192.168.0.0/24

Try this...

On 6/12/07, Rob Schall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 We are trying to use a softphone from a location that is behind a firewall.
We are using x-lite as the softphone.

 So far, we've been able to get the phone to register with the asterisk
server, and it can receive voice from the asterisk server (IE, voicemail,
etc).

 However, asterisk can't hear anything from the softphone. We have used 2
different machines to test this on. We are watching the traffic and noticed
that there doesn't appear to be any rtp traffic going back to asterisk (this
is where we think the problem might be). The firewalls on both sides have
ports 5060, 10000-20000 and 3478 (STUN) open.

 Out conf files are:
 ------------------
 [sip.conf]

 [general]
 context=incoming                ; Default context for incoming calls
 bindport=5060                   ; UDP Port to bind to (SIP standard port is
5060)
 bindaddr=0.0.0.0                ; IP address to bind to (0.0.0.0 binds to
all)
 srvlookup=yes                   ; Enable DNS SRV lookups on outbound calls
 allow = all

 [1000]
 nat=yes
 type=friend
 secret=Polycom
 context=internal
 host=dynamic
 canreinvite=no
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 callerid=TESTUSER1 <1000>

 [extensions.conf]
 exten => 1000,1,Macro(stdexten,[EMAIL PROTECTED],SIP/1000)

 [rtp.conf]

 [general]
 rtpstart=12000
 rtpend=12005