Actually they do, but only if you're running SIP firmware 2.1 or higher.

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC wrote:
I think you mean 60x not 50x. The polycom 501s don't have the microbrowser.

Rob Schall wrote:
If they're polycom 501s or higher, you could have each phone use a
different homepage. Those pages could be loaded dynamically (say in php)
and then you could just store the "message" to display in a database.
Probably easiest to maintain and create an interface for.

Rob

Gordon Henderson wrote:
Anyone know if it's possible to send a line of text to a phone that's
not currently in-use?

What I want is:

  SendText(SIP/101, "Hello World")

but that doesn't exist ...

I'm after an application where someone (say a receptionist) can send
one of a small set of pre-defined messages, so that when someone next
looks at their phone it might say: "Wife Called", "Check Email",
"collect printout", and so on, rather than leaving voicemail, but I'm
not sure it's actually possible...

Failing that, I suppose I could just dump a pre-canned audio file &
the appropriate header file in the voicemail spool.. but I'd rather
just send a message to the phone.

Cheers,

Gordon