At 9:27 AM -0500 12/2/03, Richard Alexander wrote:
> -----Original Message-----
 From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:asterisk-users-
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Low, Adam
 Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 7:58 AM
 To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Dedicated * voicemail server

Hey All,

I've started to try and distribute the functionality of my single *
server
amongst a few varying servers. The issue I have is that when splitting
out
 the voicemail portion onto a dedicated server I am no longer able to
 inform the voicemail application (when call originated from a
different
box) if the call hitting the voicemail server was sent there because
it
 was unanswered or if the phone was busy. I'm not sure if there is
 something within IAX that can pass this information on from one *
server
to another or if there is another solution ?

Rgds,
 > Adam

[snip]

You could add an initial digit based on whether it was a busy or no
answer forward, use the extra digit to determine the message played on
the VM server and just strip it back off to get the mailbox number.

Email me direct if that isn't clear enough.

Mark suggested using "language" and encoding some variables into that field. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

That brought up another interesting idea, about which I've started a new thread on -dev already...

JT