Bill,

I've had that problem, too.  It was caused by too frequent of a
registration and something goofy in the Polycom software.  2.1.2 (the
latest) does not have this problem and I would definitely suggest moving
to it.

It is doubtful that you need that high of a registration period, anyway.
  Is 3600 seconds too high for you?  Do the phones move?  I have mine
set to 90 seconds to allow for external failover of their internet
connection.

Kevin