Hello ppl,
Sorry to re-post it, but kinda these issues are getting on my nerves.

I tried Set(CALLERID(num)=7329) on 1.2.12, which works fine, but not on 1.4.4.

The problem :
1. I receive call from caller 'AAA' on my number, 'BBB' which is on my Asterisk box. 2. I have to redirect the call to some other number, say, my cell num - 'CCC'. 3. My PSTN provider wants the calling(From) number as 'BBB', which is fair enough, because that number has been assigned to me by this provider. 4. I have been able to achieve this(using Set(CALLERD(num)='BBB'), on 1.2.12, but not on 1.4.4. I know, be default, From will be set to BBB, but still.... 5. But, more importantly, I need to pass the original caller number too to the destination, i.e. to my cell fone - CCC, which shows up on my cell fone as the caller id.
6. I presume, this can be achieved using Remote-Party-ID.
7. If I set sendrpid=yes in sip.conf, the stuff sent in Remote-Party-ID also is CCC, but I want it to be AAA (actual caller).
8. So, I commented out sendrpid, and manually added Remote-Party-ID using:
   SIPAddHeader(Remote-Party-ID: "MEUSER" <AAA>\;privacy=off\;screen=no)
9. As I am experimenting, I don't really have PSTN connectivity yet, but I have come to know, that most devices, like CISCO 7960, give preference to Remote-Party-ID over the From number to show as Caller ID. So, I have CCC configured on a CISCO SIP phone. But the caller id is still 'BBB'. 10. And at the end of all this, I am very close to smash my asterisk box, cisco phones with a sledgehammer.

Any bright ideas anywhere???

Help appreciated.

Thanks..
- Ben.

EMAIL DISCLAIMER : This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
whom they are addressed. Any unauthorised distribution or copying is strictly
prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please notify the sender
by reply email and then destroy the message. Opinions, conclusions and other
information in this message that do not relate to official business of Mascon
shall be understood to be neither given nor endorsed by Mascon. Any information
contained in this email, when addressed to Mascon clients is subject to the
terms and conditions in governing client contract.

Whilst Mascon takes steps to prevent the transmission of viruses via e-mail, we can not guarantee that any email or attachment is free from computer viruses and you are strongly advised to undertake your own anti-virus precautions. Mascon grants no warranties regarding performance, use or quality of any e-mail or attachment and undertakes no liability for loss or damage, howsoever caused.

--- Begin Message ---
Also,
.  if I use Remote-party-id header, can it be different from the 'From' URI?
. If yes, how do you achieve this in Asterisk?
. What(From or Remote-party-id) is used by clients to show as the CLI of
the caller?

if I am not mistaken, Remote-party-id is for network elements to confirm
identities of end subscribers.
All corrections and suggestions welcome.

- Ben

--- End Message ---