Hi,

I'm using asterisk 1.4.11 and try to configure asterisk and iax phones with
dyndns.
I'm using ZoIPer (and ePhone) as softphones that support the IAX2 protocol.
The softphone on Side A is at:

phone-a.dyndns.org

The server is a Debian Linux Etch and dials up, makes dhcp, dnsmasq and
ddclient for itself.
The server on side A is:

server-a.dyndns.org

The softphone on side B is at

phone-b.dyndns.org

What parameters do I have to use for the iax.conf on server-a.dyndns.org?
Both phones don't register. If I do set "defaultip=phone-<x>.dyndns.org"
both phones register but we can't hear each other.
Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Michael

- - - - - - -
sip.conf
[general]
bindport=4569
bindaddr=server-a.dyndns.org

[phone-a]
username=phone-a
type=friend
secret=<verysecret>
auth=md5
host= dynamic   ; or do I have to use "host=phone-a.dyndns.org
                        ; maybe I need to use
"defaultip=phone-a.dyndns.org"?
context=my-iax-phones
dtfmmode=rfc2833
; trunk=yes|no
qualify=no              ; some softphones don't like "qualify=yes"?
callerid="phone-a" <3000>

[phone-b]
username=phone-b
type=friend
secret=<verysecret>
auth=md5
host= dynamic   ; or do I have to use "host=phone-a.dyndns.org
                        ; maybe I need to use
"defaultip=phone-b.dyndns.org"?
context=my-iax-phones
dtfmmode=rfc2833
; trunk=yes|no
qualify=no              ; some softphones don't like "qualify=yes"?
callerid="phone-b" <3001>

extensions.conf:
[my-iax-phones]
exten => 3000,1,Dial(IAX2/phone-a,20,mt)
exten => 3000,2,VoiceMail(3000,u)
exten => 3000,3,Hangup
exten => 3001,1,Dial(IAX2/phone-b,20,mt)
exten => 3001,2,VoiceMail(3001,u)
exten => 3001,3,Hangup