On Thu, 2007-08-30 at 14:13 -0600, Steve Murphy wrote:
> 2. Blank lines between entries will get dropped. Sorry. If you really
> like
> blank lines, then include a comment of a blank line.

Ouch... this makes it quite cumbersome.  In fact, that's the number one
complaint I get from students in the bootcamp classes is that the
Asterisk GUI eats their blank lines.

> 4. Trailing comments will get dropped. Put your comments in front of a
> variable definition, or in front of a category definition. Comments with
> no variable decls or category decls (you know, the [general] type
> stuff...) will not be attached to anything, and will be lost.

Ouch... this one hurts too... most everyone I know uses trailing
comments.  Is there a technical reason why this has to be?

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see the changes you've done.  I'd just
like to make this as user-friendly as possible.  One of the overriding
goals of the Asterisk GUI is to leave the config files hand-editable,
and removing comments and blank lines makes that harder.

--
Jared Smith
Community Relations Manager