Gregory Malsack wrote:

> ------------------ Digium ------------------
>
> That's news to me as well as the rest of the sales team. We were told that
> users cannot change the 1gb flash card.
>
> I just spoke with one of the Sales Engineers and he stated that it is
> apparently possible to change out the flash card on the AA50. However, it is
> not supported because the read/write speeds could be different on a new flash
> card, and thus not work.

That is correct; we would not recommend using just *any* CF card, as the
write speed of the card needs to be pretty high to be able support
multiple voicemail messages being written simultaneously. With that
said, though, it is possible to use a higher capacity CF card, but my
previous response that said it was 'easy' was a bit of an overstatement
:-) It can be done, and our support department does know how to get you
the files you would need to populate the replacement card.

> It is not possible to do so. However, the 1gb Flash card on the appliance
> will store up to 3000 minutes worth of voicemail.

This is correct as well; the Linux kernel on the AA50 does not have NFS
support nor SMB support, and there are no userspace tools present to
handle NFS or SMB mounting of filesystems.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies