Dovid B wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Matt Riddell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Erik Anderson wrote:
On Jan 9, 2008 9:40 PM, Matt Riddell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Heh yeah that's what I was thinking of doing.  What's the traffic
shaping like?  Can I specify max bandwidth etc or use hfsc shaping?
DD-WRT will do both HTB and HFSC shaping, though I've only ever used HTB.
Sweet. We had been using HTB but upgraded all our CPE to use HFSC when
AstLinux did and found it great.

Here's the dd-wrt wiki page on its QoS implementation:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Quality_of_Service
Cool, looks good, although I would have thought Default Bandwidth Level
would have been pretty self explanatory if it works as expected.

I guess I'll have to try it out and update the wiki if it does.

Looks like they don't recommend HFSC currently due to some lag issues.
That might have been fixed, though, in the more recent firmware
builds.
Will try both out and see how they go.

Thanks for the pointers.

- --
Kind Regards,

Matt Riddell
Director

Matt,
The WRT54GL is not dual port.

Chorus from the audience:- "Oh, yes it is!"

It has 5 ports! Although the ports are labeled as 1 Internet port and 4 LAN ports, each can be assigned to a VLAN of your choosing and you can use them as you please (at least you can under openWRT). So you could allocate 2 WAN ports on distinct networks and leave 3 for the LAN.

I haven't done it myself but a far more clever gentleman at http://garycourt.com/blog/post/openwrt-advanced-firewall/ seems to know how.

regards,

Drew

--