Ciao Russell,

> > I have a small question: other than a phone (ie. SIP/something), what else
> > can I use as "app"? Can I handle the change via some custom code?
>
> There are a number of things that can provide "device state" in Asterisk.
> That includes "real" devices such as SIP endpoints, or any other channel
> driver. However, it also includes things like monitoring the state of a space
> in parking, or the usage of a MeetMe conference.  I have also written a small
> dialplan function which lets you create custom device states.  A lot of
> people use this for things like having a light on the phone that reflects
> whether the agent is logged in or not.
>
> More information:
>
> http://asterisk.org/node/48325
> http://asterisk.org/node/48360

Thanks a lot for the info, I already read the first article, and it's great to
know that DEVSTATE can be used in 1.4.

But my question was different, my poor english doesn't help me. :(

In your article I read
"For example, when someone subscribes to the state of extension
 1234, Asterisk knows to give them the state of the SIP phone SIP/myphone.

 exten => 1234,hint,SIP/myphone"

Suppose that I want to write to a database the state of all my extensions, in
order to display it in a web page.

How could I do it using the hint mechanism?

Thanks again,

--
Dott. Andrea Spadaccini
Multimedia Technologies Institute s.r.l.